Breast Milk Donation Depot Info
In an effort to support moms and babies in Portland as well as the Northwest Mothers Milk Bank, Zenana Spa and Wellness Center is now accepting donor breast milk.
Are you a breastfeeding mom with a healthy baby? Share your precious breast milk with babies who need it by becoming a milk donor. Simply follow these steps in order to donate your milk.
* Call the San Jose Mothers Milk Bank at (408) 998-4550 to set up
your eligibility interview.
* Once you have obtained your Donor ID you may start bringing your milk in to us.
* Donor drop-off days will be Monday and Wednesday between 10am and 4pm.
Where is the donor milk used?
Donor milk is distributed to hospitals throughout the U.S. and Canada and are served by Human Milk Bank Association of North America.
Why use donor milk?
In the absence of the infant's own mother's milk, donor milk offers many of the benefits of human milk for the infant, including:
- optimal nutrition
- easy digestibility
- immunologic protection against many organisms and diseases
Human milk also contains growth factors that can:
- protect immature tissue
- promote maturation, particularly in the gastrointestinal tract
- promote healing of tissue damaged by infection.
Common reasons for prescribing donor milk include:
- Feeding/formula intolerance
- Immunologic deficiencies
- Post-operative nutrition
- Infectious diseases
- Inborn errors of metabolism
Back to Lactation Products and Services